Safety tips for your and your business
“Fire has the potential to wipe out everything in its path in just minutes. It can smoulder undetected for hours then suddenly explode engulfing the house. You need to take every possible precaution to minimise the risks,”
Advice on how to fireproof your home and business:
· Have emergency numbers clearly displayed near a telephone or stored in an easily accessible place on your smartphone.
· Check your premises and identify potential fire hazards. Thatched roofs, exposed electrics, flammable liquids, gas cylinders and the likes should all be considered as hazards and action taken to minimise the risk.
· If you are buying, building or renovating your home, make sure all roofing materials are fire resistant.
· Install a smoke detector. It acts as an early warning detection service of a potential fire hazard. The detector will not pick up a naked flame but rather smoke or a smouldering fire. This is a key preventative measure. Consider linking the detector to your alarm or security system. If they are linked, your private security companies can contact the fire department on your behalf while sending out personnel to assist.
· Buy fire extinguishers and make sure these are kept in sight around the house. Ensure that they are regularly serviced.
· Clean your gutters regularly. Dry leaves in rain gutters can easily catch fire.
· Trim back any tree limbs that are within close range of your chimney and dead limbs overhanging your home to prevent them from catching fire.
· Do not overload electrical sockets or run electrical cords under carpets.
· Store firewood and other combustibles away from your home and keep the lids on your dustbins.
Lastly, having an evacuation plan in place is paramount. Everyone needs to know what the quickest escape route is should a fire break out and where the fire extinguishers and blankets are. Never re-enter the house for personal belongings should a fire break-out. If your clothing catches fire – stop, drop and roll. Tackle the fire only if it is safe to do so.
We make sure all of the materials we use are compliant with building regulations to ensure your property is as safe as possible.
For more information on our services, please do contact us on 01423 360622 or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org